The Capital Club is dedicated to helping Australians invest better.
With 30 years of experience investing in the share market, The Capital Club is uniquely qualified to bring you the latest ASX stock market news, opinion, commentary and stock ideas.
The Capital Club’s founder is Bruce Jackson.
Bruce has 30 years of hands on investing experience. He co-founded The Motley Fool UK and The Motley Fool Australia, helping grow both to be some of the most popular stock market news and investing sites in the country.
He is passionate about stock market investing, running his own portfolio and SMSF. His focus is on small cap growth stocks. You can check out all his current holdings by clicking here.
The Capital Club focuses mostly on small ASX growth companies — what our team sees as tomorrow’s most likely stock market winners.
Because of their pure size, we believe many of the ASX’s most popular and widely followed companies — the likes of BHP Billiton Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Telstra Corporation Ltd and Woolworths Group Ltd — have relatively limited future growth prospects.
Not so some of the ASX’s smaller companies.
Take a look at some of the huge gains these selected small ASX companies made in calendar year 2017…
Kogan.Com Limited (ASX:KGN) -> +403.7%
a2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX:A2M) -> + 273.2%
LiveTiles Limited (ASX:LVT) -> 254.2%
Appen Limited (ASX:APX) -> +192.6%
Pushpay Holdings Ltd (ASX: PPH) -> +180.0%
Stating the obvious, out of the 2,000 odd companies quoted on the Australian Stock Exchange, finding those few big winners can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
And that’s where The Capital Club comes into play.
– We scour the daily ASX releases looking for “under the radar” growth companies.
– We follow specially selected high-performing small and microcap fund managers, carefully reading their monthly and quarterly filings, looking for the “hidden gems” they are buying and holding for their portfolios.
– We consult with our network of professional stock market investors, asking them for their top ASX stock picks and ideas.
– We use screening software from the likes of S&P Capital IQ to search for fast growing small cap ASX stocks, and/or companies with strong recent share price appreciation.
Over the decades, the stock market has proven to be a wonderful vehicle for wealth creation, on average generating returns of around 10% per annum.
Courtesy of the wonder of compounding returns, over 20 years that turns an initial investment of $10,000 into $67,275.
Not bad. But not life-changing, and certainly not enough to cover your retirement.
But change a couple of those numbers, and your finances could look a whole lot different…
Time frame -> 30 years
Annual average return -> 12%
Initial investment -> $10,000
Additional monthly investments -> $500
Total investment after 30 years -> $1,747,595
Now we’re talking!
As easy as it may sound, the truth is many people fail to generate significant wealth from the stock market.
There are a number of reasons…
- They are scared of investing in the stock market for fear of losing money.
- They pay too much for their investing advice, whether that be fees to a financial advisor or fees to a fund manager… or both.
- In their quest “to get rich quick,” they speculate on penny share stocks, the overwhelming majority of which will end up losing them money.
- When volatility inevitably strikes, they sell out, usually at the worst possible time, when share prices are at their lowest point.
- Instead of committing to investing for a lifetime — allowing the power of compounding returns to weave their magic — they give up on the stock market at the first signs of trouble, whether that be losing money on an individual investment, or when the whole stock market takes a tumble.
While we focus on small cap ASX stocks, we also want to help you build wealth for today’s retirement, or your future retirement.
With the financial services industry having so many conflicts of interest, it’s hard to know who to trust.
The Capital Club is 100% owned and operated by The Motley Fool Australia Pty Limited.
Hundreds of thousands of Motley Fool readers have subscribed to its financial newsletters. Tens of thousands of investors have subscribed to one of more of its stock picking services. Every working day it publishes articles covering everything from dividend shares to growth shares, to value shares, to blue chips to small caps, to the day’s movers and shakers on the All Ordinaries Index and the S&P/ASX 200 Index, and much more.
Like The Motley Fool, The Capital Club is totally independent. We’re privately owned and operated. We don’t accept direct payments or commissions from any financial services company in return for promoting their products.
Under the terms of our Australian Financial Services License (AFSL), our advice is general in nature. We encourage you to take control of your own finances, and therefore your own financial destiny.
The Capital Club
15-21 Via Roma
Isle of Capri
03 8592 4841
Click here to contact us
The Capital Club is here to help guide you through the maze of stock market investing. Thank you for visiting our site.
As ever, we wish you happy, successful investing.